storm coming in

Today was my first cross-country skiing outing for the season. There's supposed to be a storm coming into town tomorrow, and apparently it's coming over the hill today. About an inch or so fell while I was up in the forest. "Fell" is not really what it did; "blew in" more accurately describes things. Despite the wind, though, the trip was a good one. I did the creek trail, nearly 3 miles, in just about an hour. Not a record-setting time, but I'm not out to set records.

In other, unrelated news: So far, I like The Subtle Knife. It's the book after The Golden Compass in the "His Dark Materials Trilogy." I find the series to be effective in helping me rethink my views on spirituality; the books, so far, have not 'turned me into' an atheist.

In still other, differently unrelated news: My first experience with Ethiopian cuisine was alright. I'm not sure what I had--the spicy lamb stew, essentially, but I don't remember the name. My date had the mild chicken stew. And, of course, injera. Which, as one website points out, is "not only a kind of bread--it's also an eating utensil." Apparently the teff flour gives it its yogurt-ish taste. I'd like to make it sometime.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order