shut the door

Another resolution for two oh oh eight: shut the door. This is something I've been working on for a while now, but a frustratingly stupid phone call today, a revisiting of a lot of the hurt and anger of the past year, reminds me that the door is still, as the warning light sometimes says, ajar.

Regret is dumb. I don't know of a more eloquent, comprehensive way to say it. This fact is easy enough to accept in the logical part of my brain, less easy for me to incorporate into my reflexive and emotional fiber.

In related news, I wouldn't trade my life for Lindsay Lohan's. Or David Hasselhoff's. Relatively speaking, I'd also say I'm ahead of Barry Bonds and OJ, too. Regret is dumb: learning from past mistakes is smart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order