hike/calf workout

The ski trails at Happy Jack, according to Amber Travsky's web report this morning, were 'marginal.' The advice: take your rock skis. Well, I don't have rock skis, I've only got good skis, and I'd prefer to not yet turn them into rock skis. So I left them home and put on my running shoes instead.
The report was accurate: not quite enough snow for skiing. On the other hand, too much snow for an easy walk. I wasn't sinking through the snow; it was more like walking on sponges: no real surface for pushing into the next step. I figure it shoulda been a good calf workout.
Body count for today's hike: two humans, one dog. One of the people had hiking boots; his partner was on snowshoes. I heard Atmosphere Mountainworks is having a sale; it may be time to become a snowshoer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order