falling off

Not sure what's been up lately. Haven't had much desire to post. Don't feel like I've got much to say. I got an email the other day about how friends are for "a reason, a season, or a lifetime," and it makes me think. Part of my frustration over the last year has been in hoping I'd find the perfect lifetime set of puzzle pieces: then it would all fit together. Slowly I realize that it doesn't work that way. The puzzle image keeps shifting, and our job is to accept the new pieces that fit the new image. Some parts of the picture may stay the same, but others shift. It's not about trying to find the perfect pieces: it's about trying to fill out the present image as fully as possible. Or something like that. The stupid part is running around looking for pieces to fit a puzzle that's already changed.

Tonight I started to shape my own puzzle in some new ways. I think I found a summer job, and a new group to join. Not a bad night's work. The folk jam at Coal Creek didn't materialize, but my beer bread turned out pretty good for Emilene's potluck. Roll with the punches!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order