season's end

I think winter may be approaching. Snow started falling Saturday night (after a rainy, lightning-delayed homecoming game in the afternoon) and came down in big downy flakes through midday Sunday. Not much stuck to the ground; it was warm enough that it mostly created a wet muck of leaves in the gutters and a grey denseness in the sky. Today it was warmer--warm enough by ten that I could head across campus in my sweater, no coat--but the air is shifting and the frost, as they say, is on the pumpkin.
I'm not sure I'm ready for the new season. I'm optimistic that we're still a good several weeks from bitter cold and inches of winter, but the shorter days are leaving a mark. I feel in my body less energy and a slipping of spirit. Sometimes the briskness revives me, but I wish already for more sun. Tomorrow I'll head to the hills to soak up some late fall rays.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order