out of order

So I'm now going to post a bit about the DEMOLITION DERBY, which actually happened the weekend before my trip out here to CA.

Backing up even further: in the few days leading up to the DEMOLITION DERBY, it rained pretty heavily, even producing a bit of flooding. This was bad news for the derby: the cars had a tough, tough time getting much traction in 10 inches of mud. The result: a not very demolishing derby. Slo-mo derby. Cars that were disqualified not because they were intentionally trying to stay out of the action but because they were axle-deep in mud and couldn't make a hit. Lame-oh: nowhere near the fun of DEMOLITION DERBY 2005. I had promised several people that DERBY '07 would be barrels of fun. Instead, we left early. Here's a pic that Kaijsa took of the contestants, though:



Annalee said she didn't make it to the derby because of the big rains in the days leading up to the derby. The current of run-off was strong enough, as she was driving home, to rip off the front license plate on her car. That almost sounds like more excitement that DERBY '07. I'm optimistic for next year, though....

Comments

Kaijsa said…
Dude, you spelled my name wrong. Grr.
Rick said…
There, I fixed it. Must been a typo: I'd never misspell a weird name like yours. :)
Kaijsa said…
Thanks. Sorry for growling.

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest