no road home

so I intended to head home this weekend (my childhood home, I mean), and then on to Rapid City for a friend's birthday party. Except the new auto I bought earlier in the day gave me the evil warning light, and I stayed home and waited for the car dealership to tell me that the sensor-jiggy was dead. Now it's all better. I hope.
Instead of me heading north, my dad came down to Laramie to hang out with me and we hiked Medicine Bow Peak. This is the first time I've attempted and not completed the hike. Not because we ran out of energy, but because the clouds overhead threatened ominously. Like: "We are thunderheads of doom. All ye who continue upward shall be struck down. You have been warned." Or, as my dad said: "It's not the 'getting wet' that bothers me--it's the sudden drying out that I don't like." Which makes me wonder: would getting hit by lightning really dry you and your clothes out as it passed on through?
Anyway, we got a little rained on, but otherwise it was a good walk.

Comments

Kaijsa said…
It's been 15 days since your last update.

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order