some randomness

There is, as they say, a first time for everything. Yesterday I was driving down the street, on my way home from a new haircut, when I saw a little kid riding his bike down the street. Then came a stroller. Then, dad, pushing the stroller while skateboarding. I've never seen that before.

On my way to the haircut I was thinking about that part in Barbershop where the dude is laid back in his seat, getting his hair washed, while everybody else in the barbershop is looking out the window watching some crazy lady beat the crap out of a car. And he's laughing along with them, talking about how crazy she is, and then he realizes it's his car. For some reason, that part of the show cracks me up.

In the paper yesterday I read that a Boy Scout waiting to have his immunization records checked was killed when he got crushed by a totem pole as he sat outside the camp nurse's cabin. When I think about the ways that I might day, that isn't one I spend a lot of time worrying about.

In still other news, yesterday I sold a printer that I'd gotten for free when I bought my new camera. It'd been sitting in my closet for a couple of months, waiting for me to set it up. But in the meantime I decided that it's just as easy--and as cheap--to take the few photos I want printed down to the photography shop. So I posted an ad two days ago and got an email yesterday and a lady came by and gave me forty bucks and took away the printer. I don't know why this seems remarkable--maybe just because I don't usually resell stuff. Somehow it seems sort of shady to me, or something. But it's fun, actually. And it's a win-win-win: somebody else gets something they want, I clear a bit more room in my life, and I put some clams in my pocket.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You crack me up!

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order