couple other things

There were two other notable things this weekend. One was my unexpected detour to Wheatland Reservoir on my way back to Laramie. Enough said.

The other is my lunch at Cheyenne Crossing. It was, by far, the best restaurant meal I've had in a good, long while. In fact, I don't remember when I've had a better lunch out. A buffalo patty melt, a Dr. Pepper, then rhubarb pie and a cup of coffee. The sandwich was juicy, with perfectly sauteed onions and just-crisp rye toast. The pie came out looking a bit jumbled, and the waitress apologized for not being able to get it out of the pan in a perfect slice. Way I look at it, I'd rather eat a pie that's been made to taste good than a pie that's been made to slide easy-like out of the pie plate. And the crust was good--chewy and crisp and not too thick--and the filling was tart like rhubarb should be and not too sweet. Events like this should be celebrated. It was a good lunch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order