Godzilla

From a May 24 AP story:
The little boy spotted the pretty pile of colored sand on the floor of the vast hall and couldn’t resist. Slipping under a protective rope, he danced all over the sand, ruining the carefully crafted picture.
Never mind that it was the creation of eight Tibetan monks who had spent two days cross-legged on the floor of Union Station, meticulously pouring the sand into an intricate design as an expression of their Buddhist faith.

-----

According to the story, the monks were very laid-back about the incident. If that's true, I admire their restraint. Since they typically destroy sand designs like these anyway, maybe it's easy for them to let go of their attachment to the work. For me, I guess I want my work to last. But, like sand paintings at the train station, so are the days of our lives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order