sunshiny day

So I just back from church, and I definitely have to say that change is in the air. On the walk to church this morning, I feel a warmth in the air that's not been there before. Spring is here. At the corner of 8th and Kearney a lady was out in her yard, cleaning out the old and making room for the new. I may go back by and ask if I can raid her flower beds--she's got some cool looking stuff that's coming back from last year. Lambs ear, sedum, and bulby stuff, daffodils and such.

Last night I pulled out the crapgrass that's growing in the little flowerbed in front of the house. I'm thinking about throwing a seed mix in the back yard, there's not enough grass back there to call it a lawn, but maybe some wildflowers would take. Or, maybe that'd be a ridiculous idea.

I think that Megan, the girl next to me at church, hit the nail on the head this morning. The lesson was about whether anything is beyond God's power. Her comment was, We know that nothing is beyond his power, but it's hard to bring that down to the level of our daily lives. The really key thing she added was that it's also hard to know whether he wants to do the things we hope for--healings, new jobs, children, etc.: how do we know what he wants for us? So it's not so much that we don't trust him, but more that we're not sure what his will is. And the guidebook is not always so clear about these things. I'm pretty sure that today's a nice day, though, and I'm thankful for it. That's enough for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order