sunny snowy day

What a day! 60s in Laramie, clear skies, everybody out in the shorts and flip-flops enjoying a day that felt not like spring but like summer here. I decided to go up to the Snowies and try to get a hike in on the North Fork loop. My feet almost froze: I kept sinking into 18-inch snowbanks that still hadn't melted off. My pants got soaked up to my knees. But it was absolutely awesome. I walked up to the open field on the east side of the creek, up where I always hope to see a moose, sat on a fallen log and ate my apple, and then headed back down the trail. I was surprised to find another guy coming up on my way down; he agreed with me that it was a great day.

When I got back to the house I showered up and took a nap. Not too productive a day, but refreshing. I feel more awake now than I have in weeks. Months, maybe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order