Locked out.

So, I rode with my sister and her husband to Newcastle this weekend. I met them in Cheyenne, left my Honda at Little America, and jumped in their pickup for the 220 mile-or-so trek to Newcastle. At the gas station in Torrington I realized I had no keys in my pocket. This led to the resulting memory of jumping into the passenger side of my car, sticking the keys in the ignition to turn on the stereo and pull out a cd, and then locking the doors. Apparently without taking the keys out of the ignition or turning the ignition back from the 'accessory' position. Which led to the resulting conclusion that probably I'd be returning to Cheyenne not only to see keys dangling from the ignition but also to eventually be re-entering a car which likely had a drained battery.

In completely unrelated news: Sarah and Joel's puppy is getting huge. He slept on Joel's lap on Saturday while we were having some tea, and after he woke up Joel said, "I think he just grew another inch or so." Which seemed funny until I really looked at the dog.

In other unrelated news: this weekend was finally cold enough, and windy enough, that my "winter is beautiful" resolve is beginning to waiver. Sweet lord, Friday was co-old. (Note: Two syllables on the pronunciation there. Co---wold: maybe that's a better way to spell it. It was cold, is what I'm trying to get at.) The kind of cold that makes the skin on top of your hands feel like paper, makes you feel that the arteries beneath are beginning to slush up and radiate the cold back out around them as they course down towards your knuckles. Cold that makes your face hurt. Cold that gets up under your jacket and cools your shoulders off as it passes them, headed out the neck hole. Co---wold!

In still other unrelated news: the Colts won the Super Bowl. I didn't see a single commercial from this year's Big Game. I only watched a few minutes of the fourth quarter (the interceptions) between getting back from Cheyenne and heading up to campus to work on job application. Somehow I don't feel a huge hole in my life as a result of missing the game.

Sarah has TripleA. Mr. Lock Man came, slim-jimmed the lock, and off he went. Joel and I jumped the Honda, and off we went. Good as new. A good end to a pretty good week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order