Tuesdayness

Some random thoughts on this morning.
- I'm not so keen on the previous blog I wrote. A bit too esoteric, I'm saying.

- Willie Nelson sings a version of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" on his Songbird album. In some research I discover that Cohen is said to have commented this about the song: Hallelujah is a Hebrew word which means "Glory to the Lord." The song explains that many kinds of Hallelujahs do exist. I say : "All the perfect and broken Hallelujahs have an equal value ." It's, as I say, a desire to affirm my faith in life, not in some formal religious way but with enthusiasm, with emotion....It's a rather joyous song. I like very much the last verse. I remember singin' it to Bob Dylan after his last concert in Paris. The morning after, I was having coffee with him and we traded lyrics. Dylan especially liked this last verse, "And even though it all went wrong, I stand before the Lord of song with nothing on my lips but Hallelujah." I think this idea fits nicely with the quote from Willie that I wrote in my book of wisdom: "Clean living and dirty thoughts are not mutually exclusive." Sometimes I feel like the lesson I'm supposed to be learning right now is just to find a place for the Trickster in my life.

- I watched "Anatomy of a Trout Stream" last night--a video I checked out from the public library. And it occurs to me that watching the lesson was a whole lot more valuable than reading the same advice would've been. It wasn't as valuable as spending time out on the river, but it will make my next trip a lot more informed. There were some basic facts about fish that I didn't fully appreciate before watching the video. Really obvious stuff, like, the bugs that fish eat actually live IN the water for much of their lives. So fly-fishing isn't only about mimicking creatures ON the water but also creatures IN it. Wow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order