clouds on a sun shiny day

So after returning from the fantastic day ice fishing, I discovered that I shoulda been wearing sunscreen. I think I got second-degree burns on my cheeks--it looks sorta like I've got quarter-sized blisters beneath my eyes.
This makes me feel pretty stupid. I mean, I realize I shoulda thought of this. But the snow was falling and the clouds were out and it was cold and I didn't think of it until it wasn't snowing and the clouds had burned off and by then I was already pretty fried probably and I thought we'll only be out another hour or so so why worry now. I've got half-moon shaped burns on my eyelids. And a totally white forehead where I'd pulled my hat down, way down, to help block out the whiteness of the day.
I thought about hiding out for a day or two, hoping that the redness would fade, but why? What's done is done: mighswell get on with what life. Nothing can change the shape of the future. A new entry for my book of wisdom: Always wear sunscreen. More advice from Baz Luhrmann, now that I'm thinking of that old gem: Don’t be reckless with other people’s hearts; don’t put up with people who are reckless with yours. Don’t waste your time on jealousy--sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind; the race is long, and in the end it’s only with yourself. Remember compliments you receive; forget the insults. Get to know your parents--you never know when they'll be gone for good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order