The 30-day blog challenge

So I'm not sure why tonight's THE night, why I'm sitting here at 9:20 suddenly writing this, my first ever blog posting. My friend Liz has assigned herself a 30-day blog challenge; maybe I'm feeling competitive. Also, I actually LIKE reading Sarah's blog (wyosarah203.blogspot.com); maybe I'm feeling inspired. And I feel like there's a lot of shit that I need to sort out right now; maybe I'm feeling confused. Whatever the reason, here I am.
The first thing to say is, Casper Star got my horoscope right today. I was sitting at Coal Creek, listening to the Bluegrass Jam and reading the paper, which tells me, on page A8 or so: "Relationships are complex and will put you to the test. You'll make the strong choice, although it's hard to say whether it makes more emotional strength to hold on, or to let go." That pretty much sums up where I've been today. But it's nice to know that I'm going to make the strong choice--I was worried about it, but I always trust astrologers.
Last night I started my book of wisdom. Here's some of the wisdom I entered so far:
--To make others happy, practice compassion. To make yourself happy, practice compassion. - The Dalai Lama.
-- I like the silent church before the service begins, better than any preaching. - Emerson
--Ninety-nine percent of the world's lovers are not with their first choice. That's what makes the jukebox play. - Willie Nelson
My friend Chantal says the Willie Nelson quote is depressing, but I think I like it. A lot of beautiful music has come from the heartache and headache of relationships. And first choices aren't always the best choices, anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order